Annie's Travel Guide

Life is hard...One should work hard and play harder.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

In control of one's time

Yesterday I heard a great news - One of my very good friend is getting married!! It is such a wonderful piece of news and I cannot believe she didn't tell me immediately!

The conversation flowed naturally on to when the wonderful date would be...but it turned out to be 3rd week of October - Just when I am scheduled to be training with Schroders!! T_T As irrational as I am, maybe I should not contemplate ditching my new job in the first week to attend the wedding...

It is very unfortunate when extra special occasions that deserves a proper celebration gets misplaced in one's life for reasons of work. I have always been a firm believer that although work itself can be a stimulus to life, I would prefer to perceive it as complimentary to one's happiness. In these moments of conflict I sincerely hope that one day I will have the liberty or courage to make time for the ones I love - otherwise it would just be a sad living wouldn't it??

***********************************************************************************

I want to take this opportunity to say sorry to my bestfriend Tae - who has always been there for me: my graduation, my birthdays etc...
ps. she's not the one getting married!!! =p

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home