Annie's Travel Guide

Life is hard...One should work hard and play harder.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

New York (1)

Yes, where is the justice of naming one's blog a travel journal if one does not blog when on holiday?

True to Annie style, I once again encountered turbulence on my travel. The British just happened to reveal an extreme counter-terrorist attack in all airports two days prior to my departure. The best part of it all is: I had to carry a clear plastic bag, with no more contents than 1. my passport 2. tampons (only enough to cover the journey) 3. contact lenses (without solution). So there I was, carrying my see-through bag with my 2 tampons in clear view to the general public, stranded in the airport and enduring the 4 hour-plus delay.

Here I am, on my second day in New York. Day one involved a traditional Taiwanese breakfast with soya and steamed vege dumpling, followed by a stroll through Chelsea (meat packing district, Chelsea piers) & MOMA. It is very nice to just - stroll in New York - the simplicity of its mapping means all is as easy as a matrix.

Have seen my first broadway show: The Drowsy Chaperone was an unconventional piece of work. A three hour musical with no interval. The energy was sustained through a narrator who kindled the audience's spirit. The fact that the play had delibrate interruption only accentuated its impact once the pause was restarted.

Today has been a busy sampling day - there is free food everywhere in NYC! Had peach and tomato at the Green market near union square, followed by brownie Ben & Jerry milkshake. As I carried on my stroll through the city I hit an area known as Curry Hill, lined with restaurants and filled with intoxicating indian spiced air. It is very strange why a particular cusine has territories within the city, such that if one wants korean one would have to head down 43st. Is this an attempt to streamline and facilitate, or is it to compete and improve??

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger googoogal said…

    Wow...sounds like loads of fun :P and yummy food :D

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Annie said…

    I keeps waking up thinking I am late for work =_=;;
    Yea it's great fun out here - wish you are here too! xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home