Annie's Travel Guide

Life is hard...One should work hard and play harder.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Harajuku

Being a true germini I believe there are different sides to people. Today I experienced the true weird side of Japan. Harajuku is full of make-up-heavy, self expressive teenagers. I couldn't quite decide what the point was for coming out into the blazing heat every sunday dressed up in layers of goth like clothes putting tonnes of makeup on oneself. Maybe it is a road to self discovery, though I somehow believe it is more a desperate attempt to become noticed by others.
We caught a matsuri on the way home~it was so funny to see people fighting and stepping over one another in the blazing heat scrambling along the street~that kinda balanced out my earlier thought of people being lonely, seeing everyone as one union force moving the mikoshi along ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home