Annie's Travel Guide

Life is hard...One should work hard and play harder.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Even though Taiwan is technically 1/4 of my nationality, it feels almost completely foreign to be back in this country.

Usually when I come back to visit I lead a sheltered life of being transported around. Now I am having to start from zero and get to learn the roads and how to take public transport. Afterall, one cannot constantly travel around on taxi and private chauffeur service (aka dad).

Taxis. Cultural difference #1. Why is it that EVERY single taxi driver asks you the question: 'do you have a boyfriend?', and if unfortunately you receive a phonecall on the cab they will continue to probe: 'oh so your boyfriend is calling you', followed by: 'is your bf waiting at the destination?'. I understand the culture of making chit chats in Taiwan, but is this the standard question to be expected?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home